It’s a scary and uneasy time. One thing that’s been a constant stress relief for me in life is being active. While gyms are closed right now, now is the time to get outside and run or walk, or stay indoors with the treadmill, HIIT workouts, or other on-demand classes. If you have a Peloton, I am jealous of you right now! Below is a list of resources I’ve found to keep active and sane at home. And read to the bottom for a new running (or workout) playlist. Stay healthy and safe, friends! And stay home.
- Challenging, At-Home Workouts You Can Do With Limited Equipment (via Active, from my Steel City Road Runners Club email)
- Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers has great workouts over on her blog. I really love her treadmill workouts and have been doing them for years
- Mecka Fitness in Pittsburgh’s Mt. Lebanon area is posting daily on Instagram with their workout of the day (plus demonstrations!) while the studio is closed
- 8 Running Workouts to Build Strength and Endurance via No Meat Athlete
- Molly over at Jack+Bean also has great workouts on her blog and Instagram
- So does Liz at Hello Adams Family
- Amazing Yoga in Pittsburgh is streaming online free for the next 14 days
- If you are a ClassPass user, they have a plethora of videos online to take on-demand. They are also rolling over all unused credits through June. Go ClassPass!
- If you don’t use Peloton, you can try their app free for 30 days – so many on-demand classes and guided workouts.
- Tons of Orange Theory-inspired workouts on Pinterest
I’m sure there are lots more resources. Drop them in the comments!
A tip on working out at home: schedule your time like you would any other class. I usually do Orange Theory every Thursday morning, so I am going to do an OT workout then, just as I normally would. Keeping on a regular schedule (or starting a new one!) is key to staying active. And if you don’t want an intense workout, go outside for a walk or bike ride, or play with kids. Vitamin D is important right now.