Welcome! I’m Deanna and the voice behind the blog.
I started PRetty in Pittsburgh in 2009 as a place to share career tips and industry insights, as well as bits and pieces of life at home and fun in the ‘burgh. View the “categories” section in the sidebar to learn more about the topics I post about.
I’ve been in the PR and social media biz for nearly 15 years and in addition to my day job, I enjoy speaking on the industry and helping students and young professionals navigate their careers. I’m a serial networker, both on and offline, and love to stay connected. I also am a consultant for Beautycounter, a line of safer skincare and better beauty. Have a question? Let me know. Want to shop? Click here.
Personally, I’ve been married since 2013 and a mom since 2021. I live with my husband, daughter, and pup in a cute 90-year-old house. I like fitness, including running, yoga and cycling, everything food (cooking and eating it — I never met a carb I didn’t like), traveling, polka dots, afternoon beers, and drinking anything with fizz.
- Favorite Emojis: 🍟💁🏻 🥂
- Favorite Animal: Manatees
- Favorite Color: Pink
- Favorite City (besides Pittsburgh): New York
- Go-To Social Channel: Twitter
- Fave places to eat in the ‘burgh: Il Pizzaiola (Mount Lebanon location), DiAnoia’s, Joseph Tambellini, Franklin Inn, Spirit, and the yearly Greek Fest at Dormition of the Theotokos Church in Oakmont
- Fave places to drink in the ‘burgh: Grist House, Bar Marco, Vallozzi’s (downtown location)
Thanks for visiting!
Photos by Caitlin Thomas Photography.
Let’s work together! View my media kit.
The views on this blog are entirely my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer.