I never thought I’d be blogging about deodorant, but here we are! Since it’s been a year since I started working for Beautycounter as a little side biz, I thought I’d share an update of how things are going, and what I am loving. Plus, they just launched the new Clean Deo, so this is also my Beautycounter deodorant review.
How I like Being a Beautycounter Consultant
We are inundated with MLMs on the internet. Not knocking them at all. But my approach to this is sharing what I like naturally, with a few emails, blog posts and Instagram stories every now and then. That’s it. I can spend as little or as much time as I want each month on being a consultant. And it’s fun to share beauty products! (Oh and shameless plug if you’re interested in being a consultant, there’s free enrollment right now through the month of February with the purchase of a Starter Set!)
My Beautycounter Clean Deo Review
Two weeks ago, I started using the new Beautycounter Clean Deo. I have been using cleaner deodorant for maybe four or five years now. The first one I used was the charcoal jar (I forget the brand) where you literally had to rub it on with your fingers. Gross. So thankful that more and more brands decided to go more natural and aluminum-free over the years. I have used Tom’s and Schmidt’s since, but still found I had a bit of an odor, so then last year I discovered Primally Pure charcoal deodorant and have loved it. My husband uses it as well.
When Beautycounter’s launched, I had to try it. They actually recommend you detox your pits! Which made me laugh but makes sense. So I used the charcoal mask on them the last two weekends, and then every day I’ve washed them with the charcoal bar soap. I feel like since I’ve already used natural deodorant this wasn’t absolutely necessary for me, but I like the idea of this so your pits can adapt. The verdict? I love it!
Granted, it’s February and I live in Western Pennsylvania, so it’s not like I am out in the heat right now. But I do workout and walk my dog, and have been smelling fresh. I love the scent (I got coconut but it also comes in rose and lavender). It’s not overpowering but it definitely has a strong scent. And for me, I am usually more on the stinky side instead of the sweaty side, so I can’t speak to the sweat side of things. But according to the website, 90% of users said perspiration is absorbed.
Comparing it to Primally Pure, I think they work the same. But the two things I like more about Beautycounter’s is that 1) It’s less messy. The Primally Pure one has made a little bit of a mess for me (see image below). And 2) You can refill it. Beautycounter’s is more expensive ($28 compared to $22) BUT the refill is cheaper at $18. The fact that you can refill this is so great to me. Less waste. Besides the clean ingredients, Beautycounter does such a great job with sustainable packaging. So all that to say, this is my new deodorant! And that’s my Beautycounter deodorant review.
My Other Beautycounter Favorites
Here’s a list of my daily go-to’s:
- Tinted Moistuizer: This gives my skin hydration with a bit of coverage, plus it’s got SPF in it. Perfect for everyday
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar: Besides my arm pits (lol), I keep this in the shower and wash my face and neck/chest with it. I have a tendency to break out so I love this bar. (Me and Toby Keith.)
- All Bright C Serum: In the morning, I wash my face, tone, put on the Countermatch Intense Moisture Serum, then I added this – a second serum – before I finish with moisturizer. This stuff is the best! Its scent is perfect and sunny and adds brightness to my skin.
- Supreme Cream: Speaking of Western PA, it’s been extra cold and snowy this winter, so my skin takes a beating. This stuff is so very thick and rich and I put it on as a last step at night to keep the moisture locked in. It also lasts forever.
- Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm: This is the most multi-purpose product. I’ve always used it as a cleanser and overnight mask, but I learned recently you can also use it on your chapped hands and lips. So good. And smells amazing.
- Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream: I put this in the fridge for extra depuffing. A great eye cream for morning and night. I have a tendency for undereye circles/shadows so this helps.
For me, I don’t use one set Beautycounter regimen. I like to use something from each. I think it’s because I have so many products! But if you are interested in a regimen or collection, Countercontrol is good for more oil/acne-prone skin, Countertime is best for anti-aging, and Countermatch is good for more in the middle, with a combo of hydration and anti-aging. More here. A good place to start is the Skincare Quiz.
The only thing I don’t like from the skincare I’ve tried is the toner/essence. I LOVED the toner pads but they sadly took them away. I do like the toner in the Countercontrol collection. And then I use the old faithful Thayers Witch Hazel toner. Always want to be honest about what I like and don’t like from Beautycounter, like my Beautycounter deodorant review above.