Fun news: I just signed on to become a consultant for Beautycounter!
Skincare “routines” are so trendy right now. I’m sure you’ve watched story after story of influencers sharing theirs. But for me, I’ve had a skincare routine since I was about 10 years old and bought my first tub of Noxzema. Then in middle school, I was a loyal Clinique user with their trusty 3-step system. Over the years, I’ve never been very brand loyal but about two years ago, I saw a friend of mine mention she sold Beautycounter, and I had been seeing a few bloggers post about it, so I gave it a try. Ever since I was hooked. I’ve never had bad skin thankfully and didn’t really break out until my later 20s and early 30s (WTF!). Luckily it was never that bad. I have a little bit of combination skin and of course, living in a cold climate in the winter, my skin gets very dry. Beautycounter is great because it makes my skin less dry and more glowy, and in my mid-30s it’s important to protect the elasticity of my skin and be proactive as I age (get outta here, wrinkles). And what’s even better is it’s SAFE. Their mission really resonates with me: To get safer products into the hands of everyone.
I never really thought about what I was putting into my body with every swipe of mascara or foundation, but the truth is, serious health issues are on the rise due to exposure to chemicals. And, the FDA does not have authority to remove these bad ingredients from what we’re all putting into our bodies. Beautycounter has The Never List™ which is 1,500 questionable or harmful chemicals they NEVER use in their products. Yes, they want to sell products, but the fact that they lobby on Capitol Hill for the ENTIRE beauty industry is what makes them so great. They want to help the woman buying Maybelline at the drug store to the woman buying $400 eye cream at Barney’s so we’re all safe. Now that’s pretty cool.
With loving the products and this mission, it was kind of a no-brainer to become a consultant. I’m an enneagram 3 so it makes sense to add something else to my plate! I truly just want to see where this takes me. And I’ve been missing working in fashion and beauty, so this is a fun creative outlet for me. I promise not to spam your DMs pitching you (no one has ever done this to me that sells Beautycounter, which I fully appreciate). I will post now and then about Beautycounter and if you’d like to purchase through me, that would be wonderful! (Just make sure the top right says you’re shopping with Deanna Tomaselli.) I found these products are worth the price and last me a long time — a little bit truly goes a long way!
Where To Get Started + My Favorites
If you want to give Beautycounter a shot, start with the skincare quiz. Here you can identify your problem areas and needs, and get something customized for you. I recommend starting with a cleanser or moisturizer if you’re more interested in skincare. There are five main categories:
- Countertime: Firms, brightens and plumps to age well
- Countermatch: Matches the natural structure of your skin for an everyday glow
- Countercontrol: For more oily, blemish-prone skin
- Nourishing: To provide more hydration
- Counterman: Designed for men (because per Old Spice, men have skin too LOL)
If you’re interested in makeup, the Flawless in Five kit is PERFECT! And right now they’re running a promo where you get a free retractable foundation brush (worth $35) when you buy this kit. I love everything in this kit and just started using the concealer, and I’m a fan. Here’s a rundown of my favorite Beautycounter products:
- Rejuvenating Face Cleanser: A simple purifying cleanser is the first step in my skincare routine. This one is a goodie.
- Rejuvenating Toner Pads: I LOVE THESE. The toner pads were my gateway drug into Beautycounter! I use these every night after cleansing and they just have a great fresh scent to them. I cut them in half to make them last longer (pro-tip).
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion: If you’re looking for a new moisturizer, this should be it. Lightweight and hardworking.
- Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel: Don’t worry, your skin isn’t going to burn off. This is such a good product! Will help your skin’s clarity and tone — just use a little bit a few nights a week. A little goes a LONG way. If you’ve seen people rave about this, it’s warranted.
- Countermatch Recovery Sleeping Cream: This stuff is key during the winter. I’ll put a little on my face and neck (don’t forget your neck and decolletage, ladies!) to restore moisture while I sleep.
- Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask: Gotta love a purifying mask. I love to do one every week or so.
- Rejuvenating Radiance Serum: This is one of the best serums I’ve used.
- Counter+ No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil: I’m on a quest to get non-dull skin, and this is helping. They also offer a plumping and balancing oil.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer: This was my other gateway into Beautyconter and something I wear every. single. day. This moisturizer is very lightweight and offers just a bit of coverage and bonus, it has SPF. (I wear number 3.)
- Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream: Just started using it this week and I’m already obsessed. It’s rich but not greasy and supports the elasticity I need, plus it will firm and minimize the look of lines and wrinkles. Yes, please.
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30: Sunscreen sketches me out. You rub it all over your body but what kind of crazy chemicals are in things like Banana Boat? I bought this last summer and absolutely love it.
- Satin Powder Blush: I love the shades of the Beauytcounter blush line, and this comes in your Flawless in Five kit. I wear the shade date, which is really pretty. I love this Blush 101 video, too.
There are so many other products that Beautycounter offers and that I want to try. Next on my list is their eyeshadow palette — I mean how pretty is that? They also have bath and body, gifts, and kids products.
And if you want to become a Band of Beauty member it’s a great deal for just $29. You get free shipping on orders of $100 ( I always wait and stock up all at once on what I need to make sure I qualify), 10% product credit on applicable orders, a welcome gift if you spend $50 (that pays for itself) and member exclusives.
So there you have it. If you have any questions, please let me know. I will happily answer questions (and tell you what I’ve used that I don’t like).